Our below fee covers all the work required to complete your new mortgage, redeem an existing mortgage (if required) and deal with registration formalities at the Land Registry.
Conveyancer’s fees and expenses
- Legal fee* from £300 plus VAT
- Fee for arranging an electronic bank transfer £35.00 plus VAT
(if we are redeeming a mortgage)
- Obtaining Land Registry document/s from £6 plus VAT
- Search fee (if searches are required by the lender) from £200
- HM Land Registry fee from £20
Expenses are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We handle the payment of these on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
If the mortgage is to be secured over a leasehold property, then it is likely that a notice fee will be payable to the Landlord/Managing Agent upon completion of the mortgage; this is to notify the Landlord of the new lender. The amount of this fee depends on the terms of your Lease but it is usually between £20 – £150.
How long will my purchase take?
It typically takes between 3 – 4 weeks to complete a new mortgage from receipt of a Mortgage Offer.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the specific details of the transaction. For example, if we need to report something to the lender and then await their instructions.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the completion of a mortgage vary according to the circumstances, but the key stages are detailed below:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Receive the Mortgage Offer
- Carry out searches (if required by lender)
- Go through terms and conditions of your Mortgage Offer
- Give you advice on content of your Mortgage Offer
- Send you the Mortgage Deed for signing
- Agree a completion date
- Report to the lender in readiness for completion
- Obtain pre-completion searches
- Complete the new mortgage
- Register the mortgage at the Land Registry
Who will act on my behalf?
Currently there are 5 people in our Property Department that may undertake this work for you. If you refer to the “Our Team” page on our website you can see details of their qualifications and experience. Our Partners, Nicola Baddick and Ann Harris, who are both Solicitors, work within our Property Department and they supervise all work undertaken in the Department.
*Our fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complications arise.
- all the parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation.
- no Indemnity Policies are required. Additional expenses may apply if Indemnity Policies are required.