Our fee covers all the work required to complete the sale of your home including redeeming a mortgage.
Conveyancer’s fees and expenses
- Legal fee* from £550 plus VAT
- Fee for arranging an electronic bank transfer £35 plus VAT
(if we are redeeming a mortgage)
- Obtaining Land Registry document/s from £6 plus VAT
Expenses are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as obtaining title documents from the Land Registry. We handle the payment of these on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
How long will my property sale take?
How long it will take from you accepting an offer until you complete your sale will depend on a number of factors. On average the process takes between 8 – 10 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if a first-time buyer is buying your property and there is a mortgage in principle already in place, it could take 4 weeks. However, if you are selling a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, this can take significantly longer, between 2 and 4 months. In such a situation additional charges would apply.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the sale of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. The key stages are detailed below:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Issue the Contract documents
- If you are selling a leasehold property we will obtain the Landlord’s/ Management Company’s Sale Information Pack for which the Landlord/Management Company usually make a charge
- Consider and reply to the enquiries of a buyer’s solicitor
- Send the Contract to you for signature
- Agree a completion date
- Exchange Contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Obtain a redemption statement from your lender
- Send the Transfer Deed to you for signature
- Complete the purchase
- Redeem your mortgage
- Pay your estate agent
- Provide you with the proceed of sale
Who will act on my behalf?
Currently there are 5 people in our Property Department that may undertake this work for you. If you refer to the “Our Team” page on our website you can see details of their qualifications and experience. Our Partners, Nicola Baddick and Ann Harris, who are both Solicitors, work within our Property Department and they supervise all work undertaken in the Department.
*Our fee assumes that:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise, including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise.
- all the parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation.
- no Indemnity Policies are required. Additional disbursements may apply if Indemnity Policies are required.